I was a vegetarian for a long time. I added chicken and fish back into my diet a few years ago. But after a watching a few documentaries, contemplating how I felt about what I was eating, and talking with my doctor I decided a plant based diet was the way to go. And the even better news, there are still so many great options at the Disney Parks no matter what my (or your) dietary restrictions are.
The 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival has several vegetarian and a few vegan items. I wish there was something at every booth but there are definitely more options than there have been in years past. Here is a breakdown of what is available. Plus a few great people to follow on social media to help you plan.
If an item is vegan it will will usually say so in the name of the dish. There are also a few items that you could ask if they can be modified (leave the feta off, no Tzatziki) to make them vegan. Also, keep in mind that not all of the beer and wine will be vegan. A great site to check is Barnivore.
Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt and Quinoa
. 🌱Theme Park: Epcot 🌱Location: Africa Marketplace at the 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival 🌱Dish: Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew with Vegan Yogurt & Quinoa . 📷: @cariselynee . Raise your hand ✋🏼if you're attending the 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival. . Carise made a loop around the World Showcase promenade and found this gem! . This dish will be available at the Africa Marketplace along with three African wines 🍷 . Plated here is a Spicy Ethiopian Red Lentil Stew topped with Micro Greens, Vegan Yogurt & Quinoa. . The 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival runs through November 13th.
The Almond Orchard Hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze
Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Crunchy Chocolate Oats (Vegan if you omit the chocolate oats)
Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles, and Vegan Tzatziki
Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Basmati Rice
Pineapple Dole Whip Soft-Serve Ice Cream
Vegetarian Options at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival have a green “V” beside them on the menu boards at each booth and in the passport you can pick up at the festival center.
Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket with Mint Raita
The Almond Orchard Hosted by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze
- Fire-roasted Tomato Hummus topped with Blue Diamond Salt & Vinegar Almonds and served with Blue Diamond Nut Thins®
- Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Crunchy Chocolate Oats
Lamington: Yellow Cake Dipped in Chocolate and Shredded Coconut
I haven’t tried the waffle with chocolate ganache but the waffle with berry compote was one of my favorite vegetarian options. Pair it with the Mimosa Royale from the Morocco booth and you have the perfect Food and Wine brunch!
- Belgian Waffle with Warm Chocolate Ganache and Whipped Cream
- Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream
Pao de Queijo – Brazilian cheese bread
The Cheese Studio, Hosted by Boursin® Cheese
Savory Caramelized Onion Boursin Garlic and Fine Herbs Cheese Tart with Cold Arugula Salad and Aged Balsamic
L’Orange Cotton Candy: A mixture of Lime and Orange Cotton Candy
Ricotta and Zucchini Ravioli with Rustic Tomato Sauce
Roasted Beet Salad with Green Beans, Feta Cheese, Minus 8 Vinaigrette and Toasted Walnuts
Flavors from Fire
Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder and Raspberry Dust
- Moelleux au Fromage de Chèvre et Épinards: Warm Goat Cheese Pudding with Spinach
- Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises: Crème Brûlée with Housemade Rasberry Jam
Apple strudel with vanilla sauce
- Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles, and Vegan Tzatziki
- Bougatsa – Warm Phyllo Dough Strudel with Sweet Vanilla Custard, Lemon Honey Syrup and Cinnamon
Hops & Barley
Fresh baked carrot cake with Craisins® and cream cheese icing
- Warm Indian Bread with Pickled Garlic, Mango Salsa and Coriander Pesto Dips
- Madras Red Curry with Roasted Cauliflower, Baby Carrots, Chickpeas and Basmati Rice
- Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake with Chocolate Coconut Mousse
Warm Irish Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip with Irish Brown Bread
Islands of the Caribbean
Quesito – Puff Pastry with Sweetened Cream Cheese and Guava Sauce
Cannoli al Cioccolato: Chocolate-covered Cannoli filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Fruit
- Spicy Hummus Fries with Cucumber, Tomato, Onions and Tzatziki Sauce
- Chocolate Baklava: Rolled Phyllo Dough with Toasted Almonds and Dark Chocolate Sauce
Wine and Dine Studio
Trio of Artisan Cheese
- Fromager Affirois de Excellence served with toasted Baguette
- Point Reyes Original Blue served with Apricot Jam
- Point Reyes Toma served with Honey
Artist Palette of Cheese and Wine
Trio of Artisan Cheese paired with Round Pond Estate Sauvignon Blanc, St. Francis Chardonnay and Recuerdo Malbec
- Vegetable Wrap
- Hummus with Carrots and Celery
- Fruit and Cheese Plate
- Duda Farms Celery Snackers
- Croissant Doughnut with Cinnamon and Sugar
- Pineapple Dole Whip Soft-Serve Ice Cream
Special Diet Resources
It’s still up in the air whether we will be able to attend the Food & Wine Festival this year. But there are a lot of great blogs and social media accounts that you can follow to check out this year’s options.
Also stop by Gluten Free & Dairy Free at WDW for vegan options and more info for special diets.
What are you looking forward to trying at the 2017 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival?
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!