Walt Disney World is a lot more than just attractions. Live entertainment at Disney is something we enjoy just as much. Here are some of our favorites from. Some of them would be great for a Disney date night or just an entire day. We have a few suggested itineraries to make the most of each park but you can pick and choose to best suit how long you plan on being in the park. Join this month’s Blogorail Orange Loop as we share some of the best live entertainment at the Disney Parks.
You can spend all day in the Magic Kingdom just taking in the live entertainment. We have done it before and it was such a fun day.
- Start your day with the Let the Magic Begin welcome show and waffle from Sleepy Hollow.
- Enjoy a morning on Main Street, U.S.A and watch the Main Street Trolley Show, The Dapper Dans, and meet the Citizens of Main Street.
- Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire at 10:30 am
- The Muppets Present. . . Great Moments in American History at 10:55 or 11:30 am. Or both! The show rotates so you can see something different each time.
- The Royal Majesty Makers 11:50
- Take a break and have lunch at Jungle Navigation Co. Ltd. Skipper Canteen.
- Captain Jack Sparrow’s Pirate Tutorial 2:30 pm
- Festival of Fantasy Parade at 3:00. You don’t have to be right on Main Street to enjoy the parade. Just head over from Adventureland and watch from the expanded hub area. It’s less crowded and close to popcorn!
- Main Street Philharmonic at Main Street, U.S.A. at 3:40
- Flag Retreat at 5:00 pm
- Casey’s Corner Pianist at 6:15 pm
- You can either head out for the day or stick around for fireworks. If you are visiting on or before May 11th you may want to stay since Wishes will be ending on that date.
Epcot is probably our favorite park for live entertainment. It also is the easiest place to catch so many talented acts. You don’t really need an itinerary. Just wander through the World Showcase! The same goes for meals. You can’t go wrong with a snack or counter service meal at Epcot. Plus you can enjoy your food while you watch most of these performers.
Here are some of our favorites in case you would like a little direction. Just keep in mind that some performers don’t preform on certain days. Make sure the ones you want to see will be preforming while you are there.
- Start the day off in Future World East with the JAMMitors at 10:10 am
- Begin your tour of the World Showcase in Mexico with Mariachi Cobra at 11:30 am
- Germany: Wies N Buam – Bavarian folk musicians at 1:05 pm
- The American Adventure: Voices of Liberty at 2:15 pm
- Japan: Matsuriza – Taiko, Japanese Drumming at 3:20 pm
- Morocco: Matboukha Groove at 3:45 pm
- France: Serveur Amusant™ – French acrobats at 4:30 pm
- United Kingdom: Quickstep – a a UK quartet performing authentic Scottish, English and Irish songs at 6:15 pm and then British Revolution – best of British rock at 8:00 pm
- You can also sub in the Jeweled Acrobats in China in the late afternoon or evening.
- End the day with a viewing of IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth at 9:00 pm. There are so many great spots to watch you don’t have to scout one out in advance if you don’t want to. You can even head back towards Future World and still see the fireworks.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
The live entertainment at Hollywood Studios is pretty Star Wars heavy these days. Not that I’m complaining. 🙂 But here are two options just in case you’re not the biggest Star Wars fan.
For the Star Wars Fan
- March of the First Order at 4:00 pm – Captain Phasma and her squad of Stormtroopers march up Hollywood Boulevard to Center Stage.
- Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away at 4:30 pm – Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, BB-8, Darth Maul and more recreate famous vignettes from the movies.
- For dinner, if you want to continue the Star Wars theme with a visit to Backlot Express. But we love the Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge for a quick bite with drinks.
- Visit Star Wars Launch Bay – We suggest meeting some characters while you are there. You’re never too old to meet Chewbacca! You can also get intimidated by Kylo Ren or visit the new meet and greet with BB-8. You’re also probably run into a few Jawas.
- End the evening with fireworks watching Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.
For Movie Lovers
This plan hits all of the shows that feature a Disney movie. You’ll notice there isn’t dinner worked in. I would suggest grabbing snacks along the way.cYou can grab popcorn or pretzel at a cart along the way, nachos at Min and Bill’s Dockside Diner, or funnel cake at Oasis Canteen. Healthier options can be found at Anaheim Produce on Sunset Boulevard. But if you want a meal you could do the Fantasmic! dinner package at The Hollywood Brown Derby for that old Hollywood vibe. For quick service, join the Muppets at PizzeRizzo.
- Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular! at 3:15 pm.
- Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage at 5:00 pm
- For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration 6:30 pm
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid at 7:00 or 7:40 pm
- End the evening watching Fantasmic!
- It’s not live entertainment, but if you can fit it in you should visit the Great Movie Ride. A must do for any movie fan.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Disney’s Animal Kingdom has been stepping up it’s game when it comes to entertainment. And now that the park is open later, evenings are the perfect time to visit. It’s cooler (it always seems hotter than the others!) and with Pandora: World of Avatar opening soon there will be even more to enjoy.
- Arrive late afternoon and catch one of the last performances of Festival of the Lion King at 3:00 or 4:00 pm. Get a Fastpass if you can to make sure you have a spot.
- Stop by the Dawa Bar afterwards for a mojito and hang out in Harambe to see Burudika and the Harambe Wildlife Parti.
- For dinner you can’t go wrong with either the Harambe Market or the Nomad Lounge next to Tiffins.
- Next, head over to Discovery Island for the Discovery Island Carnivale and the Viva Gaia Street Band!.
- End the night with Rivers of Light or simply viewing the Tree of Life Awakenings. You’ll more than likely need a Fastpass for Rivers of Light. So if you’d rather catch more entertainment or spend more time dining, stop by the area in front of the Tree of Life on your way out of the park.
Keep in mind that all of the entertainment schedules at Disney can change so you may need to make some adjustments. For the most up to date Disney entertainment schedules, visit Disney’s website, my favorite wdwent.com, or use the My Disney Experience app when you are in the parks.
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Orange | Best Live Entertainment at Disney Loop:
- 1st Stop – The Delightful Life | The Best (free!) Entertainment Secret at Walt Disney World
- 2nd Stop – My Dreams of Disney | Live Music Memories on Main Street, U.S.A.
- 3rd Stop – Cool Nouns | Epcot
- 4th Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Disney Date Night | Best Live Entertainment