Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Green Loop. Today we are taking a closer look booths at the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.After missing last year we are really excited to visit Epcot during the 2016 Food & Wine Festival. I love Epcot all year long but when there is a festival happening I love it even more. After pouring over the menus and reading lots of reviews, these are the two booths that I can’t wait to visit.
The France pavilion in general is always a favorite and we visit the bakery almost every trip. Having added options in a showcase country known for the cuisine is a welcome bonus! I know escargot isn’t on everyone’s must do list but you should give it a try at least once. We’ve had the older version of this dish so I’m looking forward to trying the croissant and the onion soup. Sounds like a great combination!
We also love this booth’s drink options. If you’ve had the Grey Goose slush that is always available you need to give the La Passion Martini Slush at the festival booth a try. Since it’s still warm in Florida in October, the Frozen Daiquiri Ice Pop is on my must try list too along with the St-Germain Sparkling Kir. St. Germain is a favorite so I can’t miss the opportunity to try a new cocktail. You can check out the full menu below.
- Croissant aux Escargots: Escargot Croissant with Garlic and Parsley
- Soupe à l’oignon au Gruyère et Cognac: Gruyère and Cognac Onion Soup
- Boeuf Bourguignon: Cabernet Sauvignon-braised Short Ribs with Mashed Potatoes
- Crème Brûlée Caramel Chocolat: Caramel and Chocolate Crème Brûlée topped with Caramelized Sugar
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 Pale Lager
- Chardonnay, Bourgogne Blanc, Mommessin, La Clé Saint-Pierre
- Merlot & Cabernet Blend, Bordeaux, Château les Graves de Barrau
- St-Germain Sparkling Kir: Sparkling Wine and St-Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- Frozen Daiquiri Ice Pop: Strawberry Puree with French Caribbean Rhum Clément
- La Passion Martini Slush: Vodka, Grey Goose Le Citron Vodka, Cranberry and Passion Fruit Juice
The booth from Greece has always been a favorite. I’m not going to lie though, I am really going to miss the griddled cheese. It disappeared from the menu last year and I was hoping it was going to make a come back. Oh well. The spanakopita is always amazing is definitely a must try.
Two new menu items are the vegan loaded greek nachos and the Oikos Greek yogurt vanilla cake. I am glad they are adding more vegetarian and vegan items to the festival. The nachos sound really interesting too. Not as sure about the cake. It sounds good but there are so many dessert items I’ll probably just double up on the spanakopita. The full menu is below.
- Vegan Loaded Greek “Nachos”: Pita Chips, Meatless Sausage Crumbles, and Vegan Tzatziki
- Chicken Gyro with Tzatziki Sauce featuring Oikos® Greek Yogurt
- Oikos Greek Yogurt Vanilla Cake Soaked in Ouzo with Yogurt Whipped Cream and Pistachios
- Domaine Skouras Moscofilero
- Domaine Sigalas Assyrtiko
- Alpha Estate Axia Syrah Xinomavro
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Green | Around the World | Food & Wine Booths Loop:
- 1st Stop – DISTherapy | New Global Marketplaces at 2016 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
- 2nd Stop – Running on Disney | Exploring Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival: Hawaii Global Marketplace
- 3rd Stop – Rolling with the Magic | Food & Wine Must Dos | Greece & France
- 4th Stop – Magical Mickey Tips | Touring Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival Kiosks With Kids
- 5th Stop – Home is Where the Mouse Is | A Vegetarian’s Guide to Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival
- 6th Stop – Running on Disney | Three Drinks You Won’t Want to Miss at Food and Wine