Welcome to this month’s Blogorail Yellow Loop. Today we are sharing ideas to celebrate Star Wars Day. I can’t believe it’s almost here! I love how this day has grown in popularity over the years. Here are a few ways to celebrate May the 4th in 2017. May the 4th be with you!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small commission. Click here for details. (And thank your for your support!)
You can usually find several deals for Star Wars merchandise for May the 4th. These are a few that I will definitely be checking out.
2. Watch Disney XD
DisneyXD will be celebrating May the 4th with lots of Star Wars programming. At 12:30 am EST you can start with one of my favorites, Star Wars Rebels. If you haven’t been watching this show you need to start. Now! Seasons one and two of Rebels will air with season 1 of Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures in between. You can see the full line up here.
3. Star Wars Movie Marathon
You can’t celebrate Star Wars Day without watching at least one of the movies. On TBS, you can watch Episodes I through VI beginning at 6:40 am EST on May 4th. We own all of the movies but there is something about watching them on television. They will probably be on in the background all day.
After work we are planning on watching Rogue One to prepare for our mini movie marathon over the weekend. I don’t think we’ll get through all of them. But if you are watching every movie, the big question is, what order do you watch them in? Should they be viewed in release order 4, 5, 6, 1, 2, 3, and 7 or in episode order 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7? There really isn’t a right way (although I’m sure some people disagree with that) but we usually watch them in the order they were released. I am strongly considering the Machete Order. It sounds interesting.
4. Star Wars Themed Drinks
I can’t decide which of these we’ll be making this year. I do know that I will be using my light up x wing that came with my drink at the Rebel Hanger during Star Wars Weekends.
5. Visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios or Disneyland
This is what I really wish I was doing. 🙂 While the new Star Wars lands are under construction there are lots of other experiences you can check out on May the 4th.
STAR WARS LAUNCH BAY — In the heart of Tomorrowland, Star Wars Launch Bay is the central locale for guests to celebrate all things Star Wars. Disneyland park guests are welcomed to this multi-sensory space with the iconic phrase, ÒA long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Once inside, they may encounter beloved Star Wars characters, play the latest Star Wars interactive video games, explore galleries full of treasured memorabilia and authentic replicas of large-scale Star Wars artifacts, step into a Star Wars-themed cantina, and have access to Star Wars merchandise. (Paul Hiffmeyer/Disneyland Resort)
At Disney’s Hollywood Studios:
- Ride Star Tours.
- Visit Star Wars Launch Bay for:
- Launch Bay Theater – Guests hear directly from the creative minds behind the Star Wars saga in a short video that includes exclusive interviews with the directors, writers, producers, key movie crew members and Imagineers who bring the saga to life.
- Meet BB-8 – A docking bay leads to a Resistance freighter where guests will discover the loyal droid BB-8 from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Special Character Encounters – After entering a themed atrium complete with authentic replicas of Star Wars props, guests journey to the dark side and come face to face with Kylo Ren in a 360-degree immersive area themed around the Star Destroyer, or they may choose the light side by stepping into a makeshift Rebel base to meet the most famous co-pilot in the galaxy, Chewbacca.
- The Cantina – This setting, inspired by the unsavory “hives of scum and villainy” in the Star Wars galaxy, is a fun place to explore and take photos near elements of the cantina, such as a holochess game table
- Themed Galleries – Special immersive galleries featuring authentic replicas of movie props, starships and more are located throughout Star Wars Launch Bay.
- Launch Bay Cargo – Guests may bring home a variety of Star Wars merchandise, including original artwork and collector’s items.
- Check out “Star Wars: A Galaxy Far, Far Away”, a live stage show celebrating moments from the Star Wars saga with live vignettes featuring characters such as BB-8, Kylo Ren, Chewbacca, Darth Vader, and Darth Maul.
- See the First Order Stormtroopers led by Captain Phasma march in formation from Star Wars Launch Bay to the park’s Center Stage during the March of the First Order.
- Sign your kid up for (or just check out) Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. It was reimagined with new characters and a new villain to battle from Star Wars Rebels . Younglings are transported to a secret and ancient Jedi temple where they will face villains such as Darth Vader and the Seventh Sister Inquisitor from Star Wars Rebels, and discover if they have the makings of a true Jedi.
- “Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular” – End your day with this nighttime spectacular that fills Center Stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios with memorable moments the“Star Wars” films, presented as never seen before using state-of-the-art projection, lasers, lighting, pyrotechnics and other special effects.
For more ways to celebrate Star Wars Day,
check out the other great posts from the Blogorail!
Here is the map of our Magical Blogorail Yellow | Celebrating Star Wars Day Loop: